Everything you Need to Know about Baltic Birch Plywood
Submitted by: Woody Wall on November 04, 2011
The exposed mult-ply edge of Baltic Birch gives this plywood unusal and unsurpassed visual appeal.
- Square 5' x 5' sheets
- 100% multi-ply Birch plywood is made with one-piece face, back and inner plies that stand up under great stress and strain
- Tremendous tensile strength and screw-holding power, yet machines easily and is not tough on tools
- Fasteners can be driven close to the edge without danger of splintering
- No matter how it’s cut, Baltic Birch has a void-free edge because there are no veneer joints
- Uniformly light, even, and attractive colour
Even when exposed raw, the edge creates a highly decorative treatment and gives any finished product greater individuality from simply furniture components to sophisticated high-tech electronic cabinetry.
Thickness and Ply Construction