How to Install ReadyStep Stair Finishing System
Submitted by: Woody Wall on November 25, 2011
A pre-fabricated stair tread and nosing all in one
Installation as easy as 1-2-3!
The Ready StepTM is a one piece step and stair nosing that allows for quick and easy installation. You can cut your costs by as much as 30% and still have the professional look of beautifully finished hardwood stairs.
- Available unfinished and pre-finished
- Router designs add safety with style
- Red Oak
- White Oak
- Yellow Birch
Conveniently pre-finished in 16 colours See our in store colour board for accurate pre-finished colours.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- One-piece step and stair nosing allow for simple installation in a fraction of the time hardwood floor- ing takes for installation
- Manufactured with quality wood, select and better, in a variety of species to attain match to most hardwood flooring
- Risers available in Veneer and solid wood for ultimate finished stair- case aesthetics. (some species are available in solid wood only)
- Available in 3’ and 4’ lengths for application to most stair case sizes
- Custom Elite Program available such as winders and odd shaped steps are available upon request
Just Measure, Cut, and Glue - The ReadyStepTM is as easy as 1...2...3!
1. Measure the depth of the existing tread and add 1” to accommodate for the gap where the riser will be applied (under the nosing). Cut to width (with the grain).
2. Measure the width of the existing stair tread and cut the Ready Step to length.
3. Apply adhesive to the existing tread. Use double sided tape or a mechanical fastener to hold it in place while the adhesive cures. Press the cut Ready Step into place making sure that all corners are to the back of the riser.
Watch the Video!